Dates: September 18-20, 2015
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Chairs: C Balduini, A Falanga
The EHA Scientific Working Group (SWG) Bleeding and thrombosis in onco-hematology, SWG Thrombocytopenia and platelet function disorders and EHA are organising a workshop on critical issues and therapeutic approaches in disorders of platelets and coagulation leading to either bleeding or thrombosis.
The objectives of this meeting are:
- Summarizing clinical features and laboratory evaluation of congenital and acquired platelet and clotting factors abnormalities
- Assessing common acquired disorders of hemostasis leading to bleeding or thrombosis and recognize features of hereditary platelet disorders.
- Discussion on updates in cancer-associated thrombosis: risk assessment, prevention, and anticoagulant therapy
- Evaluation of antibody-mediated prothrombotic disorders.
- Presenting and discussing the advance in venous thromboembolism treatment and features of newer anticoagulant drugs
- Identifying gaps in thrombotic and bleeding disorders to be incorporated into future research programs.
The meeting will include plenary lectures and interactive sessions. A Round table will be dedicated to discussion with patient organizations and regulatory issues to better understand the currently unmet needs in these conditions. The faculty will supplement the didactic presentations with panel discussions and case presentations. Adequate time will be allocated for questions.
The online registration is now open, click here